For my first portfolio project that spanned for 5 weeks on half time 4/h a day, I wanted to make a modular town where the citizens were cute bunnies. To add variation while still having an easy workflow I used tiling textures and made material instances where you can change color, size and amount of grunge applied, if there should be moss patches and/or if there should be exposed brick patches.
I used Maya for all the modelling, Zbrush for highpolys, Substance Painter for texturing with some hand-painted touches being done afterward and rendered in unreal Engine 4.
To add more life to the project I made particle effect using Unreal Niagara System to make wind swirls, dust particles and chimney smoke. To add more realistic cozy environmental lighting, I used a Light Function with a light panning cloud texture to simulate outside weather.
I want to thank my classmates and teachers for giving me feedback and pushing me towards the right direction along the way.